Now that you have made a decision that you want to start surfing, you have no choice but to choose one great surfboard for yourself. With numerous options out there, chances of making a wrong choice cannot be underestimated. However, with some helpful guide like this one, you stand a chance to make the right choice. It highlights the important information that you should know when you want the best surfboards for beginners. Read on.
Features to look for
All beginner’s surfboard have specific features one must check. They make it easy for the newbie to learn fast and enjoy chasing the waves. They also reduce chances of accidents while in the water.
- Weight – As much as all surfboards are generally light in weight, those designed for novices are lighter. This makes it easy for them to float and cruise with ease. The materials that make it, like foam, does not, however, compromise on quality for weight. They still remain strong.
- Shape – One thing you will notice is that surfboards for beginners have a raised front, which is round shaped. This avoids scooping water as the person tries to learn the techniques. Another noticeable thing is that they are wide in shape to create a better balance. Learners are more concerned with balance as they fear to fall off the surfboard.
- Ability to handle waves – Manufacturers are concerned with how surfboards can help the novices to handle the waves. Therefore, they include features that allow people to turn with ease, float perfectly and have rigid support.
Examples of the best beginner’s surfboards in 2018
- Casper foam hybrid surfboard – With a star rating of 5, you can imagine how great this surfboard is. It can be used by starters as well as seasoned surfing pros. For the newbies, the main concern is comfort and safety, which they can easily get from this board.
- Heritage soft foam surfboard – If you wonder why this surfboard is a great choice for beginners, then you need to check its features. The round front and a tail make it great from training as it is an assurance of safety and ease of use. It is also light in weight and easy to operate while surfing.
Where to buy surfboards for beginners
Beginners have a couple of options when they want to buy a surfboard. The first and best option is from online sellers. The best thing is that they will enjoy a variety to choose from. If they start with a reputable review site, they will get directed to a reputable seller. In addition, they can just walk into a watersports shop and select an appropriate surfboard. They may need to have done a research and made their mind. The last option they have is to buy from a friend or relative. They probably have that great surfboard they used to learn.
As a beginner, the above information is the best you can have. As much as there are other beginner’s surfboards than those given in the example, these remain the top choice for many experts. You can do further research to get the best according to your needs.…